Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I hate this gym.....



........with each passing time I shoot in the main gym at Keller High School I get more and more frustrated. The light is poor and seems to keep getting worse and worse every year. This season ISO 5000, Shutter 500 and F2.8...and it's still dark.  To make matters even more depressing the lights cycle BIG TIME....shoot a 5 frame sequence and 5 different color balances, even if you manual white balance only 1 frame is proper. Than there are the back rounds! I refer to to now as the "circus tent" as KISD Athletic Director Bob Dejonge told me a story early in the season about the principle at the time the gym opened saw another gym with this painting configuration and HAD to have it. Bob told him it would like like a "circus tent" he insisted! Distracting is an understatement...so I went old school lat night and shot monochrome in the camera and actually I was pleased with the results. Less distracting for sure, light still cycled 2-3 f-stops on exposer and motion blur killed me! Here's to 3 from the B/W circus tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment